Friday, April 03, 2009

Robbers Steal $100 million from Harry Winston Paris

I just had to post this quickly as a result of my complete shock...

STORY

Apparently four robbers held up a Harry Winston jewelry store near the Champs-Elysee's in Paris. They not only got away with nearly $100 million in jewels in roughly 15 minutes but the store had been held up not 14 months earlier!

The store is located around the corner from a police station and the robbers STILL got away. I'm completely amazed and wish I had more details because it is hard to believe. It sounds easy.

Not only is there an armed security guard at the door of my local Tiffany's store in an ENCLOSED shopping mall but there are roaming armed city police within minutes, if not less, from the location. Should there be a problem a half-dozen or more armed law enforcement personnel would be on site before you could beathe.

I guess I figured a Harry Winston would be better protected. Arrogance maybe? Who knows. I just don't know how a store such as H.W. could allow something like this to happen with no resistance whatsoever.

Does anyone know more about this? I want to know more. I realize this was a while ago now but I finally got around to writing about it (like most of my other posts I've been putting off).

- Mitch G

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home