Wednesday, October 08, 2008

2010 Mercedes-Benz CLK Spy Photo!


I caught a good look (and a photo) of the 2010 Mercedes-Benz CLK pulling out of the parking lot at a winery in Napa, California over the weekend. It was there with a prototype E-class covered in the same camouflage padding and tape.

When I arrived, both cars were parked and had pad-locked covers to prevent peeking and removal. That didn't stop me from sliding under the side to get a look at the belly to realize it was infact a Mercedes and was in fact a coupe (pictured) and a sedan. The coupe I had the most time looking at and realized quickly it was the new CLK test mule.

The CLK had much more angular skin than the current CLK (as did the E-class prototype in the lot). It was difficult to tell exactly what the style would be with so much padding but it will look very different from what we have now, and thankfully so.

A few moments later I was heading into the winery while a group of four Germans were heading out. I noticed one of them dangling a Mercedes smart-key from their hand and knew it had to be the drivers.

I turned around and followed them back to the cars where they proceeded to unlock the covers and get in. One of the drivers started talking to me and although he made a snyde comment about taking the photo, he wasn't angry or forceful. He wouldn't admit to what type of car it was but did say that the "2-doors" should give it away. Yeah, they do. Thanks. He also said he loved his job but the testing was only a fraction of it.

I'd have to say that anytime I could get a prototype German car to drive around the twisty roads of California for a month I couldn't complain about my job either. Napa was just a leisure stop on their test trip; part for the wine and part for the roads. I'm guessing the latter must be addressed before the former or there could be some serious problems.

I'm wondering what it will look like when the camouflage comes off. I guess we'll find out next year!

- Mitch G

Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 9:51 PM, Blogger Mitch said...

Oh yeah, this car had a great sound to it too! The dual exhaust ports were integrated into the rear bumper.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home