Saturday, November 18, 2006

UW Wins 99th Apple Cup!

After many years of depressing results the Huskies (my alma mater), have won the Apple Cup to beat our cross-state rivals the WSU Cougars! 35-32 was the final score of the game with a plethora of incredible plays and enough lead reversals to make anyones stomache churn. With a 77-yard touchdown the Huskies in the 4th we put up an amazing fight. In the last two minutes of the game there was enough tension and anticipation you could slice it with a blunt knife.

I'm not a major football fan, especially on the college level, but I do have to say that the Huskies new coach, Tyrone Willingham, is doing a fantastic job bringing the program back from the dark depths where it sat for the few years. I look forward to more improving seasons and am sad I am not still at UW attending the games as a student.

Congratulations Huskies. It is a a long time coming and well deserved win!

- Mitch G

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home