Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Toyota Prius - "Yes"


Even though my BMW has yet to sell I am waiting delivery of my newest car, the 2007 Toyota Prius. This little car has sold more than 600,000 units worldwide and is still the #1 best selling hybrid car on the road today. Toyota really hit the spot with the Prius and I figured it is time for me to check it out for myself.

As my consulting position with Multimedia LED winds down I will be moving to Newport Beach, California to (hopefully) take my post as a development assistant with Craig Realty Group; this transition will result in a ten-fold increase in travel. I feel this change justifies the sale of my beloved 7-series and purchase of the new techno-loaded, gas-conservative green-box. I'm really looking forward to the technological innovations offered with the new Prius--especially the Smart Key entry and start system.

I've heard many complaints about gas mileage not meeting up to advertised EPA ratings but what I've found through experience in friend's Priuses is that those complaining individuals are not driving the car properly. It is a difficult game to maximize gas mileage in a Prius, one that undoubtedly involves a significant learning curve. Once I start driving mine I will report my findings on how to maximize gas mileage to achieve the advertised MPG.

If everything goes as planned I will be buying a 2007 Prius with the #6 option package that includes every option Toyota offers: DVD Navigation, JBL Audio, Smart Key, Bluetooth, HID Headlights, Leather Seats & Traction Control. The deal I have slated can not be disclosed but I am getting a smoking deal through my connections at the local dealership here in Sacramento. I opted out of a Touring model because the wait would be too long, the wheels are not favorable and I can not get the color (Grey) that I want.

Not that I consider myself a complete "yuppie," or anything of the like; I am just looking to do my part to help the environment, enjoy some new technology and maybe save a bit of "green" as well.

- Mitch G

1 Comments:

At 4:53 PM, Blogger Mitch said...

Well I guess I should update here and say that I never ended up buying the Prius. They just weren't willing to work on the financing side so I said forget it. I ended up with a 2007 Audi A4 2.0T that gives me 33mpg on the freeway and loads more fun! Who knows what the future holds but if gas prices do actually reach $5/gallon I will shop for a hybrid or electric car and hopefully by that time there will be more options out there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home